Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm Leaving My Pearls At Home

I got a hair cut last night. I'm not sure I like it and I'm not going to post a picture until I get some positive feedback. I think it makes me look matronly, dowdy, and a little like a nineteen sixties housewife. So for the record, I'd like to say I do not feel like or look like a hipster anymore, but a patriotic, matronly housewife (with no house...or husband, come to think of it). I'm trying to change this feeling, I want to get back to my hipster ways. I suppose hair products will have to be applied and my fifteen minute dash from bed to work will have to change. I'm hoping my sister will help with modifying the look. I might even get her to cut my hair a little more in the back, try to make it less poofy.

So sharpen your scissors, I'm leaving for Illinois.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Ben said...

I don't think a haircut makes someone a hipster or not.

But a bad hair cut may make you a loser (temporarily).

2:54 PM  
Blogger strovska said...

the patriotic look could be a good pretext to put one of those magnetic yellow ribbons on your car....

2:58 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

i'm sharpening up my scissors in between laughing fits at the thought of you looking like a matronly, 1960s-style housewife.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

ellen, i don't believe it's possible. i'd really like a picture here.

if you need a magnetic ribbon, i may have some that i stole in the parking lot of the omaha zoo once.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

So, you should come over for a hairdo photo-shoot.

I remember a Dharma and Greg episode (back when it was new and cute) in which Dharma and her friend dressed like a 1950s housewives and went to the supermarket. When one of Greg's friends asked them what they were doing, they said, "We're saving money by shopping in the fifties." Everything in their cart was canned.

So, if anyone gives you flak about the hair, say your saving money by living in the sixties.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

well big ben, a haircut can take hipness away however you've touched on the bigger problem, i am a loser...all the time.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

how can your hair be poofy? did you get a perm or something? please say no.

i don't know how it can be so bad because your hair used to be short all of the time and it was really cute, so at worst you could always cut it like that again, which wouldn't be at all bad.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

ellen, does the haircut have you depressed? please come out of hiding. talk to us. show us a picture. it can't be that bad. we still love you.

you're not a loser. don't make me fly home and kick your...

sorry. i don't know what got into me. i had chocolate about an hour ago. maybe that's it.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home