Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Internet Eyes

I lost my sandal in the middle of an intersection today. I held up traffic while I circled around to put it back on; good thing I got a head start by trying to run the red light.

According to my mother, the cat has decided to stick around even after being chased up a tree, twice, by the vicious, resident, rat-terrier mix.


I got my work computer back late yesterday afternoon. And today I've spent all of my work time waiting for my files to be copied back onto the hard drive.

My eyes hurt from looking at the University of Illinois Landscape Architecture web site for way, way too long. There are several things that worry me about the school:

1.) They don't have a gallery or porfolio of student work.
2.) WHY can't I easily find the "request information" form?
3.) There are only three graduate design studios listed.
4.) Information about the program seems to be sketchy, with the gaps filled in with faculty achievements...

6 Comments:

Blogger strovska said...

i was going to do landscape architecture, back when i was young and hip. it sounds like a wonderful occupation.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i thought daniel was a landscape architect? and maybe you should go back and do LA...UT-A is a great architecture school.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Why design a landscape when you can design the entire countryside?

5:41 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Your sandal story made me laugh out loud, because of a certain incident in Athens. Be thankful you were in Lincoln, and not there!

And as far as sketchiness in program information, I'm thinking that may be a plus, at least in my case--increased chances of getting in?

7:13 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

isn't the countryside a landscape? or is this a reference to seinfeld's, why design a building when you can design a city?

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

athens? was that when you skidded into the train? i just remember your sandals breaking everytime you stepped into the street...in about every country in europe.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home