Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"You Were A Landscape In My Dream"

The other night I had a dream where a nurse was "drawing" blood from my arm, the soft, inner part of my elbow. In actuality, she was not extracting my blood for testing, but injecting someone else's blood into me. Later that night I dreamt I had to swim to an island in a tropical lake. The water was a beautiful turquoise blue and you could see all the way to the bottom. The problem was the lake was filled with leaches, pond leaches and I was having to contort myself so they wouldn't attach themselves to me. As bad as these dreams were, I'll take them over the snake dreams any day.

4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

I keep having dreams where I'm sort of flying, but in bad ways. Like, flying up and over that steep hill on my bicycle. Flying on that swing parked there in the living room. I guess it's better than snakes, though.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i guess you're trying to get out of ohio...i haven't yet determined what the snakes mean. let's just hope that you don't start flying on a snake or that a snake doesn't start drawing my blood.

5:32 PM  
Blogger strovska said...

at least you didn't dream about someone being backed over and smashed into a little snow-covered pancake by a van (driven by someone who looked like a younger, thinner--and unrepentant--marc jacobs) at some sort of protest rally at some sort of camporee-type event. it's a highly alarming dream to wake up from.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I got confused when you said "in actuality," does that mean you actually have someone else's blood in you, or only in your actual dream? I hate it when the line twixt reality and not reality is blurred.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home