Sunday, October 09, 2005

Colonialism

Sunday's agenda:

1.) Straighten up my apartment.
2.) Read for class.

What got done on Sunday:


1.) Mr. & Mrs. Smith, watched.

2.) Former roommate visited with.

3.) Former classmate visited with.

4.) Mother visited with.

5.) Four pages of assignment read (something about colonialism in Africa).

6.) Zero ideas absorbed from four pages of reading.


Part of the reason I didn't get any of my reading done was because I was sitting outside at the coffee shop. Next to me was a family with two boys around eight and ten years old. They were playing "I-Spy" and heading in to the bathroom every 15 minutes. They were doing both things Loudly, shouting out what they were spying and when walking past me on the way to the bathroom they would flail their arms around and the father would have to say, "Be Careful! There Are Other People Here." I was wishing I spied a kidnapper who specialized in chubby, loud, school-aged boys.

And I got a note from my landlady saying she'll be stopping by tomorrow to check smoke detectors and faucets because she is selling the building. The battery has been out of my smoke detector for almost a year, after I baked a cake and it WOULD NOT stop squealing. Turns out a year without a battery does not solve this problem. So, I took the detector off the wall to see if I could fix it. And I did, so well that it won't squeal at all even with the battery in it. Now at 10:00 p.m. I'm trying to decide if I should go see if Walgreen's sells smoke detectors. If I go, I'm going to get ice-cream.

6 Comments:

Blogger sooz said...

how was mr & mrs smith?

8:36 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Your Sunday agenda and results sounded eerily like my own. Except that I didn't read for class AT ALL.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! You fixed your blog so that non-bloggers can leave comments. I love your postings. I probably check your site 2 or 3 times a day just to see if there has been a posting. I think you should write a book of your musings. They're so funny and insightful and refreshing. Can hardly wait to hear something about your job interview.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

nancy! it's nice to see you commenting. ceri actually clued me in to the dilemma over my comment settings. thanks for the encouragement. while i probably won't write a book, it's good to know i'll have some options to fall back on.

oh, and i liked mr. & mrs. smith alot. i'd see it again.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

i just experienced your sunday on a wednesday.

1:55 AM  
Blogger girlzoot said...

Your Sundays sound eerily familiar. Eerily.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home