Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Wonders of Misreading

Today, while scrolling up through the San Francisco Chronicle's web site I scanned over this headline, "DeLay Now A Weapon?" Only I read it as, "DeLay Now A Tapeworm?" Honestly, I have no idea how my brain came up with tapeworm from weapon. The only reason I can give is maybe I have a tapeworm, I've been feeling a little sluggish lately. Which ties in perfectly to why I'm at home right now and not at work.

As a side note, I did take a screen shot of the headline, but blogger wouldn't post it. This isn't the first time my images won't post, any ideas why?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hi Ellen.

I know why your pictures aren't posting. But before I can tell you the reason, there's something I should say since I'm now suddenly commenting on your blog.

Sometimes I read your blog. Yes, it's true. I lurk and read. And not "sometimes," but often.

I hope that's okay.

The reason your pictures won't post is because sometimes blogger gets a little finicky. I've found that if I wait for each window to load completely before doing anything, the picture will be posted. In other words, when I click to add a picture, I wait till the page is loaded. Then after I "Browse" and select the picture to post, I wait. Then after I've clicked "Upload Image," I wait until the page is completely loaded before I click "Done."

That's the only wisdom I can offer today.

Oh, and good luck with your tapeworm.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

ben yancer! i was hoping you were reading since you commented on ceri's blog...i'll try the waiting game for my images. thanks.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home