Friday, September 16, 2005

Early-Onset

last night i realized my big toe wasn't hurting anymore. the right one has been hurting most of the summer and while i was blaming my sandals for the hurt, i was worriedly wondering if i didn't have early-onset arthritis. though the sandal reasoning is fairly solid, since i am right handed and right leg dominant, i figure that i use my right leg as the main force in bike riding. thus, because i've worn my sandals with the big toe loop i've been putting undue force on the main joint of my big toe, causing it to hurt all the time. with a mild and irritating hurt much like a joint needing to be popped. but it wouldn't pop and i was left assuming i had arthritis at 26 with no insurance, a depressing thought.

so last night as i was getting ready for bed, i discovered my toe wasn't hurting anymore. not even when i bent it down and pulled it from side to side. nothing. i'm going to give credit to the crunchy cricket for this miracle.

the offending shoe and its description. obviously, my heel was enjoying too much liberation:



Zong
Hold on to your toe. Chaco's original pull-through strap system gives you total adjustability over the middle of the foot while your heel enjoys total liberation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home