Wednesday, September 14, 2005

With Grease Bubbles On Top

i've been counting down the hours and minutes till my coffee break since i got to work this morning. the coffee break isn't dictated by my boss, or regulated in anyway (just keep it short), but i have to strategically plan when the break occurs. it must happen in the afternoon, i can make it through the morning thinking of the delicious coffee that awaits. this afternoon i held out until two o'clock and i took my time walking to the coffeeshop, partly because my arms and legs were frozen from eating ice all morning and partly because it is a beautiful fall day. so i ordered a mocha and while i was waiting for the receipt to print the other barrista asked me if i had ever had a something-something, a name that was retained in my head for all of 30 seconds. when i said i hadn't, she gave me the remainders of someone else's blended drink. it was light green, frozen, and had bits of hard things (ground up espresso beans?) and it had a slight kick, mint maybe?, topped with whipped-cream and nutmeg. a little espresso cup full of something-something that i really want again. i want a full-size of the something-something, so if any of you (bryant) know what this might of been, suggestions are always welcome.

7 Comments:

Blogger bryant said...

I think it's a "crazy cricket" or something like that. Yeah, those are great! I know it's a something-cricket, so I've gotten you half way at least. I wish I could have one now.

4:31 PM  
Blogger bryant said...

I thought about it a little longer and am now thinking that it is called a "crunchy cricket". Yeah, those are really good. You might have to describe the drink to your barista Darcia. I don't think they make them anywhere but the Coffee House in Lincoln.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

now that i know the name has something to do with a cricket (thank you bryant!) i'll get the low down for you, darcia.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

here i was, thinking i was hip, but all this time i've just been drinking black coffee. i had no idea there was a whole world of coffee-based drinks, the ignorance of which makes me decidedly un-hip!

6:48 AM  
Blogger strovska said...

oh, but your ignorance really makes you hip in a hardcore i-don't-care way. i think....

i tried to make a mint-coffee drink here at work once using mint herbal tea, and once using leftover christmas candy canes. i don't remember which was better, but it just occurred to me why i have a reputation here for liking weird stuff.

8:30 AM  
Blogger bryant said...

Have you ever tried a corn nibblet and mayonnaise sandwich with lime and chili powder?

I used to get looks for that at work.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I found two coffee shops in Wahoo! Though I'm not sure if either will have crickets of any sort.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home