Friday, October 14, 2005

News Clippings

Bryant, and I think Ceri seconded it, requested some Sunken Gardens pictures. This is not a picture of the gardens, but it is about the gardens. It's from the Lincoln Life Blog by my friend Cindy (I've written about her before) and I really enjoyed how Cheryl's second comment just doesn't quite make sense. As background, the original blog entry asked what you would take if Lincoln was struck by a natural calamity, the only one destructive enough to worry about around here is a 50 or 100 year flood. So, in a flood what would you grab out of your house:

Angel of Death? Does she think that the gardens need to be condemned to hell? To be done away with? I don't get it. Especially since I like them, even though I happen to be a severe critic of the built environment I think the renovation were beneficial, of course, only after they decided not to tear my house down for parking. It helps that I lived across the street from them and have had some memorable times there. But come on, it's a space filled with flowers, how bad can it really be, Angel. of. Death?...I just don't understand.

If you, readers, want to list what you would grab on the way out of the house in the event of a flood, I'm curious. I actually thought about leaving a comment along the lines of crack and shotguns, but figured it would be inappropriate.

8 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

I think Cheryl was trying to say that the proverbial Angel of Death should SKIP the Sunken Gardens, but she seems to have clarity issues.

I have party pooper issues, so I think putting buildings or gardens on an ark is just silliness.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Cheryl did say pass over. Now if the Angel of Death lingered, and smelled the perennials that would be bad.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

In the event of a natural disaster, I would take my instruments, of course! And my computer...my whole academic life's in there.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh...definately NOT my wicked iguana. Perhaps lunch? It might be a long trek outta there.

2:46 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Wicked iguana?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

That would be a great name for a rock band, or a parody country band.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm missing my daily ellen hit. when will we get a new post?

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, terminally wicked. Not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill, bad-natured iguana. Mostly, Seth claims him. We named him Max in honor of your Aunt Terri's dog. I think he's not living up to it.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home