Friday, October 21, 2005

Gift Giving

Karen sent me a David Sedaris .mp3 that I've been trying to figure out how to post, but I'm not coming up with much. It's an interview with Terri Gross conducted soon after his book, Holidays On Ice, was published. They talk about Christmas, and the title of my last post comes from the David's reply to what were some of the best gifts he received. An electric typewriter was the first thing he mentioned, saying it changed his life, and then he mentioned his sister had gotten him a stuffed ostrich that year and how much he liked getting taxidermy as gifts.

SPOILER ALERT.

I know what Leah's Christmas gift from grandma is this year...
When I went to visit my grandma she was working on crocheting an afghan. I commented on how nice it was and so she offered to give it to me for Christmas. She then went on to quiz me on Leah's tastes. Would she like an afghan? What pattern should I use? What are her favorite colors? I didn't really know any of the answers, so I just made them up. Yes, she would love an afghan for Christmas. She prefers striped patterns in her favorite colors of scarlet red combined with light sky blue.

In addition to the afghan, I'm also asking for taxidermied animals...Ones that I have not taxidermied at the sorority bar the previous night.

6 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

An armadillo, perhaps?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i would LOVE a stuffed armadillo for christmas.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really are interested in stuffed dead animals, boy howdy, have I a deal for you. Daniel has my number/email.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

i'll let grandma know that you're not into afgans and would prefer a dead stuffed animal instead. where have i recently read about someone who actually had a stuffed armadillo, a sort of co-ownership with a friend/brother and they would pass it off to each other at holidays? was this a novel i read?

5:57 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

"a prayer for owen meany"

9:29 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

oh yeah, thanks, nelle!

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home