Friday, November 11, 2005

11-11

Thankfully, today was Veteran's Day. I went into work, but all the lights were off and, since I didn't know where the light switch was, the darkness gave me a perfect excuse to not stay. I went to the coffee shop instead and sat outside, trying to read for my class. For every three lines I read I spent 30 minutes watching the cars and people going by. Usually I enjoy doing this, but today I felt terrible. My pants didn't match my shoes and I was wearing the shirts from yesterday. My hair was unwashed, a practice that usually makes it look better, but was making me feel flat-out disgusting. And by 2:30 I was packing up with little accomplished work-wise to go home and take a shower, change my clothes, and hopefully have a private sulking session so that when I meet with my professor this afternoon I won't be an emotional wreck.

And since it's 11-11 today, can I make wishes all day, or are my wishes that are made at 11:11 more powerful?

Anyone want to go to Scottsbluff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home