Monday, April 13, 2009

Done-ish

94 pages. One appendix, around 30 pages of text and 60 of images, one supplementary DVD, and quite a few glaring gaps in the project (there was one section where I forgot(?) to make any images).

I went with Futura* and a nice, sparse layout.

I did a find and replace for double periods.

InDesign is a miracle program. It kept track of all my figure numbers and even when I had to insert one at the beginning of the document it reordered all the rest.

Now it goes to our department for the departmental formatting check (nervous about this). Then on to the grad college for their formatting check. According to rumor, the grad college stops checking after the first mistake and you have to go back for more checks. Then you have to make sure to buy the right folders...and it seems like this process will never end.


*New favorite font.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Ooh, I like Futura too! Maybe I'll write my annual performance review in Futura. I was going to use Garamond (still my favorite serif font), but Futura has a better ring.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Futura does have a great ring. I thought it was appropriate for my project.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

And you're in good company, what with the moon plaque and all.

ingund

10:38 PM  
Blogger strovska said...

i love futura. i wish my version of word had it. i'd gladly trade comic sans and papyrus for it.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

Congrats on making it to the other side of your writing project.

myawnni

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home