Wednesday, April 01, 2009

we're so close to chicago

Last semester when I was TAing for the intro design studio one of the new grad students mentioned that he played in a band. Upon questioning he said he played the trumpet in a "marching band kind of thing." I didn't think anything of it until last weekend in Chicago, Erich another student, mentioned that Ben's band had been on Conan and the video was on youtube. Unfortunately it's not anymore but the band, Mucca Pazza, is featured in Andrew Bird's new video. Ben's not in the video because he had to be at school.

When I saw him tonight I had to ask where they found so many marching band uniforms. He said thrift stores and while on tour they would have to spray them with vodka to mask the smell.


Andrew Bird with Mucca Pazza - "Fitz & The Dizzyspells”

2 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

Crazy Cow! I like it.

And I LOVE Andrew Bird. He's going to be in town next weekend, and I didn't think I'd be able to go because of my conference, but I think I'll be back in time after all... I just don't know if there are tickets.

8:17 AM  
Blogger strovska said...

hey, i think that "hideout" place is in austin. i've only been there once, for a bizarre japanese marching-band type group whose performance was alarmingly participatory (call it stereotyping, but i wasn't expecting mandatory audience participation from the japanese).

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home