Monday, March 16, 2009

ungh

This weather is driving me crazy. I only want to be outside doing anything other than finishing my thesis. Granted my thesis work is fun, but there are gardens to plant, concrete experiments, and bikes to ride and work on.

Saturday from my office window I watched a game of football in the foreground, in the middleground was a game of Ultimate Frisbee, and in the far background a game of cricket was being played. Now some guys are out playing catch and talking about taking shots every five minutes. It's really hard focusing on my computer screen.

Next week is spring break.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Cricket, eh? Nice and classy. Makes me want a cup of tea.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Makes me want Aloo Gobi more. It's all the Indian kids playing.

1:54 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Oh, Ellen, that comment made me laugh!

It's being spring here, too, as of yesterday--today was 66 degrees and sunny! Mind-blowing! And, yes, I can feel the Spring Crazies hovering...

6:07 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

You must need an office like mine, buried in the basement with no windows. Good luck finishing your thesis...I know just about anything is more fun.

7:49 PM  
Blogger strovska said...

concrete experiments! have you ever heard of "soilcrete" or something like that? my dad mentioned some concoction of dirt and cement with the appearance of packed dirt, but i haven't found any references to it being used in landscaping, just road construction.

gesharpo (sounds like a marx brothers gestapo)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I have heard of "soilcrete" or making concrete with dirt. It can be an ADA accessible pathway. I've also read about organic concrete. Its supposed to grow plants, but I think it just chips away so there's pockets for plants to grow in.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home