Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Return of the R(ellen)o

After a month or two, and especially this week, of moping around about nothing exciting happening and having nothing to write about I got a post-it from my boss this afternoon. The scribbles put into question my immediate future, with news that I might possibly be unemployed within the next month.

Oddly, this does not frighten me. And after I made the long walk over to my boss's office to talk about exactly how long I have a job my boss kept apologizing about not reminding me sooner. He's really nice and I accepted his apologies, but honestly, I've known since September that my job was operating under limited funding. I had just forgotten how I justified all the late mornings and mental health days, though the beauty of forgetting is that I didn't have to worry about finding another job. Because honestly, I wouldn't have done anything about finding another job even if I had remembered; I only seek out when I am forced to do so.

I've been thinking about spending more time at the coffeeshop...Why not get paid to do it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

So now I'm going to have to choose my source of chai based on your employment? Whatever.

5:49 PM  
Blogger bryant said...

I miss free coffee.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Does D'Leon's have any openings? You like their relleno burritos.

uhajmqy (my Arab valet)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Plus they are always open, pick your schedule.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

You can always sleep on my couch, nelle. Pack up that Honda and hit the road, Jack!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home