Monday, January 16, 2006

"There will be singing and dancing in Jerusalem next year"

I got my applications done, for the most part. There's still a few odds and ends that I still need to send in, but that's to be expected, after all I do have ADD.


Yesterday afternoon, on my way to the bathroom I thought I heard the janitors in the elevator and I thought I heard them on my way back. Then, on my way out, there's a technician prying the doors open, turns out the janitors had gotten stuck. I'm glad they got things sorted out. I've tried speaking with one of the janitors and he knows as much English as I can remember of my high school Spanish. I can only imagine being stuck in an elevator in Mexico, trying to explain that the elevator was broken and I was stuck somewhere near the fifth floor and the cleaning supplies were starting to make me a little light-headed.


¡Me atrapan en un elevador! ME ATRAPAN EN UN ELEVADOR!

¡¿Dónde?! En el edificio del atrio!

En alguna parte entre los cuartos y quinto pisos.

Las fuentes de la limpieza me están haciendo ligero dirigido.

¿Cuándo usted me rescata, podría usted traer un limonade, por favor?

(thanks Google translator)


Today started out with this messenger conversation opener:

"Guess who's dead?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

So who is dead?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

and don't you mean "feasting and dancing"?

9:04 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

thanks for letting us know that your spanish conversation was from google. i was starting to get jealous that you had learned so much from high school spanish, when all i learned was the months of the year.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home