Tuesday, February 07, 2006

"across the alley at cafe toulouse"

Scott left a note for me on my bike yesterday. Though I've never directly used an 11:11 wish, or a first-star-I-see-tonight wish on left notes, I've always hoped someone would leave one for me. The timing couldn't have been any better. Leaving work I felt feverish, had been wanting to take a nap all day, and had been working on something difficult. I didn't feel good about anything and then I walked out of the building and saw the white piece of paper stuck between the cables on the top tube of my bike.

Is-it-going-to-be-mean-or-nice-who's-it-going-to-be-from-will-it-be-a-mistaken-bike-identity?

I've left a mean note on a bike that was positively identified as a bike stolen from my roommate. It called the stealer very unkind names and stated some things that might happen if the rider was ever found. While I didn't actually write the note, I did tape it to the handlebars and still feel bad about doing it. But, yesterday I guess my bike note karma has changed, for the better.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

you are an amazing writer. what a fabulous moment.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Glad to know I had a positive effect. I've never been known for my warm fuzzies. In fact, all I really said was, "hello," which could also be pretty scary in the right context.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ellen I'm sorry you felt leaving that note gave you some bad bike note Karama, I think we were pretty sure that was my bike, and even if that guy bought from a used bike shop, well it certainly gave him something to think about and I'm sure he'll think twice before ever attempting to stell a bike.

Thanks for being there for me.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

ok that was steal not stell

8:55 AM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

I would like a note on my bike. Maybe I should start leaving some (nice ones) for others.

zcobpao

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home