Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Blog-a-luia

I've found my faith, and I'm going to church this holiday weekend. The Church of Stop Shopping, that is. To celebrate the start of the christmas season I'm counting my blessings, checking them twice, and I'm going to stop shopping and start living. November 25th is International Buy Nothing Day, why not participate? It requires so little of you. Thank you Reverand Billy, bring-on the changelujah.

And yes, I would go anywhere to see a cash register exorcism.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I don't know what to say. I put you in my blog today! This post rules. Angela told me about it.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

i'm converted. changelujah, indeed. i don't know where you find these things, but i'm glad you do.

3:56 PM  
Blogger bryant said...

Preach it Ellen!

I gave a persuasive speech about this my freshman year in speech class at Union. I learned about it from Adbusters Magazine which is still a favorite of mine. I have celebrated Buy Nothing Day every year since then. hmmm... I think I bought gas on thanksgiving road trip.

5:16 PM  
Blogger bryant said...

Oh, I just realized you had already provided a link to Adbuster's.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

i bought something, but only because it's super damn cold here and my bedroom is the same temperature as the outside. i bought that plastic that you shrink-wrap over your windows. we'll see if it works, though...i'll keep you posted.

10:25 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

I made it through without buying anything!

5:19 PM  
Blogger strovska said...

ta-da! i didn't buy anything either.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No shopping for me!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I just bought a big bucket of coal that I burned at the North Pole. DIE Ice Caps DIE.

and I just have to say that vs and us are not good letters to have in the word verification thing. I don't like being accused of being a computer phishing program.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home