Monday, November 16, 2009

Hard

I guess I can't write too much about my new job, but here's the short of it. I'll be writing reports about historic military sites.

I'm pretty excited about it; except that before I actually start working I have to have a background check and not just a lightweight one either, no, a military one. And among other things they're checking my medical, financial, and criminal histories and I have to fill out a form with every single place I've lived for the past seven years along with everywhere I've worked, including periods of unemployment.* I got finger-printed today and the official parking sticker for my car. Once I get cleared then I have to go through a training about how to be official at work.


On the downside my commute will be 6.2 miles and I'm going to try to ride through most of the winter. I've mapped my route and found a way to get there that doesn't involve too many busy streets, except that I'll have to go around the mall.** On the plus side, I get to go past the mall! I can shop whenever I want.


*I'm taking a break because my head has started to hurt from all the forms.
**Imagine any mall in America and you'll get the basic picture.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

OH, I see...you're classified now, is that it?

Fingerprinted, eh? I'm impressed.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got busted for Illegal Camping my sophomore year in college. Ever since I've had to list it on all my job applications and my application to take the CPA exam. They usually ask you to list all misdemeanors other than for speeding.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Woah, illegal camping? That's serious.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The ranger that found us* wanted to throw us in jail but his supervisor intervened. The ranger had been out late the prior night looking for us, when he found us the next morning he searched the entire campsite for drugs. It was great fun.

* My sister, Mike Hitt, and Lee Cochran

4:41 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

That's quite the rebellious group. Where were you guys?

7:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Foster Falls State Park near Chattanooga

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home