Monday, October 26, 2009

Retail-Therapy

Prompted by an email from Ceri I've been mentally listing all the things I've bought recently. Even though I'm unemployed and a little embarrassed by the list, I'll share. Of course I'm excluding food, drinks, and general merrymaking; and to think that I might dedicate a year to not buying anything new...

In no particular order:

  1. Bike stuff from online (enormously large).
  2. Bike stuff from the shop.
  3. More bike stuff from the shop (enormously large, including ice-tires).
  4. A cyclo-cross tire from co-worker.
  5. Pants from Goodwill to make cycling caps. A pair of jeans to wear.
  6. Sweater and pants from Salvation army to make cycling caps.
  7. Mom's birthday present.
  8. Mary's birthday present, which has yet to be mailed.
  9. Commuter bike shoes. Shimano SPD pedals.
  10. Auto paint; enough to put my own hole in the atmosphere.
  11. New phone.
  12. Pack of scissors. Straight pins.
  13. Metal trays to put my house plants on.
  14. Ted Kooser book.
  15. Bread pan.

And I'm going to stop because the list is frightening me; I'm trying not to total this up.

3 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

The e-mail from me listing, of course, the things I've been buying online recently (I'm wearing one of them!).

And that poor tree in your last post... I hate it when they do that.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

They're beautiful. I hope you bought three or more so you didn't have to pay for shipping.



shast

8:21 AM  
Blogger strovska said...

i love purchase lists. and you should post pictures of the eventual caps that result.

ruranv

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home