Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Mixed Feelings

Sunday I went to another 'cross race. I brought my bike and gear, but didn't end up riding because I was cold and, let's be honest, intimidated.* But while I was checking out the course I started talking with another woman racer. Two weekends ago was her first 'cross race too and she proudly confessed that she came in dead last. She raced with one of the Chicago teams and said that before this she had been doing Ironman triathlons. I can't remember now why she switched from Ironmans to cyclocross racing but she said 'cross was kicking her ass and triathlons were way easier. Of course, since I didn't come in last in the last race, this made me feel great; perhaps I too could race in an Ironman.

Anyway, the point is 'cross racing is fun and if you get a chance you should try it.


This morning I woke up early and then went back to sleep and had a horrible dream. I won't go into details but the best part about it was the spider crawling up my arm. It was set mostly in my grandma's bathroom and let's say I was working through some identity issues.





*I also came home sick, but at the time I couldn't tell if my throat was sick-sore or sore from yelling so much while ringing a cowbell.

5 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

So I just read this introduction, and I don't think there's any way I'm nearly talented enough for that. Also, my bike is WAY too heavy for me to "carry... whilst navigating the obstruction."

But I SALUTE you!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Yeah, I read that entry and went, "whoa."

3:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Better work on your bunny hopping skills.

4:41 AM  
Blogger strovska said...

yeah. "remount in one motion"? i couldn't even read beyond that.

why were you yelling and ringing a cowbell? or would i have known that if i hadn't been too tired to read the whole wikipedia article?

ingbop!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I was cheering riders on. There is a distinct carnivalesque atmosphere during the races.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home