Thursday, January 15, 2009

Almost

It took me eight minutes to get dressed yesterday. I know this because while still in my pajamas I checked the MTD's STOPWatch* and the 4W Blue was due in eight minutes. It passed as I was pulling on my sweater. I was waiting to catch the 4E which was due in nine minutes. I headed downstairs and approximately one and a half minutes later an east bound bus passed our house. I hate missing the bus, it means at least a half hour wait, and although I could ride my bike it was snowing and the weather was saying something about blizzard conditions. Mary heard my exclaimation about the bus coming early and offered to let me borrow her car**. Nine minutes later, as I was brushing the snow off her car, my bus drove past. The earlier bus that tricked me, and always trick me, must have been Not-In-Service.

Today I went to campus to resolve some of my clerical issues with the university. None were resolved, instead I have an appointment, online applications to fill out, and a buffer until I can sign up for classes.

I'm going to try to make Tom Kha Gai tonight. I only have about half of the ingredients, but I'm really hungry for it so I'll be experimenting.

I found the battery charger for my camera, now I just need to find the cord that will connect it to my computer. Then I can start posting pictures again. First on the list, the Slim Jim shirt.





*I really love this feature of our bus system, I kind of geek out over it every time I use it. Real-time information about where the bus currently is is piped to the internet, text-messaged, or widgeted from a GPS unit on the bus. So if you catch the bus at the corner of John and Elm, for instance, you know pretty much exactly when the bus will be there or if you're at 6th and Peabody and don't want to wait too long in the rain. Unless it has iced overnight and the bus is 45 minutes late in which case you'll catch the 8:00 bus at 8:48ish and then all bets are off.


**Because of the busted out window.

4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

1. That bus system feature is awesome.

2. When you mentioned taking care of clerical issues at the university, I pictured a priest.

3. Yes, yes, pictures!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I might need a priest...for those issues and others.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I always thought I needed something like an exorcist for "clerical issues" with the university administration. Those people are scary.

glote

10:32 AM  
Blogger strovska said...

wanxid!

they get better and better.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home