Monday, December 01, 2008

Vacationing Until Christmas

Tonight, after my first day back to school after a week off, I took a three hour nap and effectively ruined my sleep schedule. This is the schedule that allows me to wake up early three days a week to make it to my one required class; I managed this morning waking up early enough to take the bus. I had been planning on going back to school and, by default not take a three hour nap, get work done but it's been snowing and someone called and said it was icy and if I didn't have to get out I probably shouldn't, which is reason enough for me to stay in. I have my laptop so I could have worked on some of the papers that are due, but I haven't been, choosing instead to spend my time after waking up on reading the internet. Oddly, while I was on vacation I had been waking up reasonably early and had not been taking naps (long ones, that is), I guess the one day of school really wiped me out.

Last week I found 25 dollars in a Christmas card from my grandma while I was cleaning out a box of papers and my mom sent me some great new chapstick, right when I was needing some.

Ceri and I went on a bike ride while she was here. I got Garlic out and brushed the dust off her and she was ready to roll although I'm still a little paranoid about flats on the back tire. I also didn't fall over because of a failure to unclip my shoes. Ceri said the cold was hurting her teeth, but I couldn't stop smiling because it had been a long time since I'd gone on a ride that wasn't to school.

I got a new pair of long underwear that is completely inflexible. It's hard to pedal in and even harder to sit in a chair in; it's warm, but it pulls my pants down while its crotch sags lower and lower.

I didn't get much done today, but I still have hope for tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

That was such a fun bike ride! I still have to post about the trip.

The idea of inflexible long underwear kind of makes me giggle, although it sounds unpleasant.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

It just doesn't compromise, even around the knees.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I totally got a mental picture of you wearing something akin to armor, or a chastity belt gone terribly wrong.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's super rare, rare, rare, that I giggle out loud when I read a blog, but your inflexible long underwear descriptions did the trick.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home