Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Wanna Be a Racecar Driver's Wife

It's funny how a good idea in theory can so easily turn out to be a bad idea in reality.

Last Thursday I was hanging around the food co-op waiting for a ride home with my sister when I saw the free samples of colon cleansing capsules. Ever since I read David Rakhoff's essay about his month long fast, I've been interesting in the idea of detoxifying my body; and with free samples at hand, what was holding me back?

There's the theory, here's the reality.

I took them late Saturday night and, somewhat amazingly, didn't think much would happen figuring the cleaning done would happen in the background. Instead, two capsules of colon cleanser will liquify your digestive tract. Only today, Tuesday, do I think I've returned to normal where I can press on my stomach and not feel the waves and ripples coursing through my colon.

Class start tomorrow. That means more time will be needing to be procrastinated away and, in return, more blogging from me.

And I saw an albino guy walking down the sidewalk today! I'm beginning to like it here.

6 Comments:

Blogger strovska said...

Someone here at work had to take those colon cleansing capsules to have an...exam. Which of course opened the door to lots of "did everything come out all right?" jokes.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

yay. you're still checking my blog.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

TMI!

ejbooy

10:15 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

oh, ellen, it's good to see you again. and in such an expulsive fashion. i've missed you.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

that's daring, i must say. when you and misty moved out, one of you left some "smooth move" tea behind. i never tried it, but i tried to persuade tim to. he was afraid it would hit him at work the next day and disappointingly refused. i hope you had a couple of days at home to let it go through your system.

p.s. in regards to your comment on my blog, i tend to write more when i'm unemployed.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude ellen...

have you tried magnesium citrate?? cheapest colon clenaser and surprizinglu not tooo harsh onthe system... i leqarned about it at camp where we each drank a whole bottle and put in 2 bucks and the last perosn to poop kept all the money... that maybe TMI, but it wasnt that bad is the point i am trying to make... ok darling... i amj in korea with angela... but i missed you and she was lkookin at your blog, so... peace out OH OWNEr-of-a-empty-Colon

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home