Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Reminder To All: "Mullets Get Chicks"

I pretty much got the coolest shirt in the world tonight; it was a gift from Angela Barber.

One reason it's so awesome is that Angela brought it back from Korea for me. That means she went through a complex process thinking about me that resulted in her seeing a shirt, most likely in a subway station, and then buying it for me. It's always cool when my friends think of me and then act on it by buying me stuff.

The second reason the shirt is cooler then my entire wardrobe combined (remember an outfit that matched my bike?) is that it was designed with the loose reasoning of if writing one word in rhinestones is awesome, how can writing a lot of words in rhinestones ever be bad?! Let's write a lot, in rhinestones!

Burn down
the disco
hang the
blessed DJ
because the
music that
they
constantly
play
it says
nothing to
me about my
life


And I'll be damned if this bejeweled Korean engrish makes some poetic sense while the tag provides me with some semi-useful advice about getting chicks. Sweet.

Thanks Angela, I love it.

5 Comments:

Blogger m said...

i want that shirt!!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i hope everyone see that the tag says, "mullets get chicks."

and i love, love, love the shirt even though i haven't worn it yet.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

you are very welcome, ellen.

i am happy you like it. you should probably wear it to the bike shop. i think that'll get you some positive attention. for sure.

6:04 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Those are Smiths lyrics! I'm sure you've heard me walking around singing, "Hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ..." I want that shirt too.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

this shirt gets better and better. thanks for the heads up, ceri.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home