Monday, June 26, 2006

In Which I Will Try to Explain the Smear of Mustard On the Wall and the Gob of Mustard In My Pant Leg...

I dropped the jar of mustard last night.

I had forgotten that I had not, in fact, screwed the lid on, but had merely placed the lid on the top of the jar. I picked the jar up by the loose lid and, in front of my refrigerator, the mustard jar hit the floor. My calf took the direct impact but in my confusion I got the mustard on the inside and outside of my red pants; the pants I was planning on wearing to work the next day. There was also copious amounts of mustard on and in the recycling bin and on the sack of trash that was ready to go to the dumpster. The second largest deposit of splattered mustard was eye-level on the wall behind the trash.

My landlord was stopping by today, I hope she didn't see the faint reminder of my forgetfulness or wonder why there was a hint of mustard in the air.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I love the word 'copious.'

9:54 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

From Latin copia. (It was one of my words of the day.)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home