Friday, May 26, 2006

Vocables

I wait beside the counter while the sales clerk and his friend finish their conversation. I'm not sure if they were in an organized band or if they were a group of friends that got together and played, but they settled on the sales clerk calling his friend tomorrow to see if he was busy, if not, the friend would join in the playing.

I step up to the counter and
Lollypop, Lollypop, oh lolly-lolly-lolly starts playing over the store's speakers. The clerk sees me glance behind him to the display of what's currently playing, I can barely hide my smirk. He guiltily shrugs and blames the selection on his boss and I can't leave it alone, "Are you going to be playing this tomorrow?" He starts stuttering around denying they would play it and then I add, "I bet that falsetto is pretty hard for you to hit." "Not a chance. My voice can't get that high. No way."

Lesson learned: don't make me wait and listen to your personal conversations. For me, the wait was worth it, not only did I get to make the sales clerk feel very uncomfortable, I really enjoy the CD I bought.

2 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

Because, you know, if you came down here, we could go to Calexico. No problem.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I always liked the cheek popping part of that song. I was first introduced to it in my youth watching Stand By Me.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home