Friday, July 28, 2006

Hey! There's my new landlord outside of the coffee shop I'm sitting in.

myspAnd a guy who looks like Karl Rove just crossed the street.

I'm still in Champaign and not much is going on. I've been staying in my sister's apartment a lot because 1) I don't know of anything to do around here, 2) I only know my sister's friends, and 3) my sister has free cable. It's not just basic cable either she has the SPEED channel and the NASA channel. If you haven't seen the NASA channel your life is empty and worthless or I guess it could mean that my life, at present, is empty and worthless either way. Even though I sometimes don't move from the couch for half days at a time my sister has been really nice about me living there. We haven't fought hardly at all, except for some salty talk when I was learning how to drive her standard transmission truck and that mostly came from me. We've also been playing soccer on her friend's playstation. Though I'm getting better, I'm still the player who runs away from the ball, gets stuck in the goal's net, or runs the ball out of bounds when no one is around me. So far my higher learning is getting off to great start.

I got an apartment, which should be apparent from the title of this post. There's nothing interesting about it except that it's cheap and clean, a combination of things I was beginning to think impossible to find in Champaign. The best thing about it is that it has a really rad front door.

Speaking of doors, the night I left Lincoln I dropped my beloved Mrs. Castle off on someone's back doorstep. Even though I thought she was in good hands I didn't hear anything about the drop-off and I got really worried that she might have ended up in the garbage. That is until Daniel called to say she had found her way into his life. I'm not sure how Mrs. Castle was received when I dropped her off, but I chuckled the whole way to Illinois.

Daniel, now Mrs. Castle is in your care. You can keep her around the house as a security dummy or you may choose to drop her off at other people's houses (a house warming gift for Scott?), but you must retreive her after the joke and you must take care of her until you aren't able.

From what I've observed so far, I think I have the coolest bike in town and definately, the only Kona Smoke.

Hugs and Kisses,

eH

7 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

Congrats on the new apartment! If life gets too boring, you can always come hang out in the Quad Cities. No promises of excitement, but a change of scenery.

Thanks for stopping by on your trip to Champaign. =)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I don't find it as a surprise that your video game soccer playing is very similar to your real life futboling. Even though you don't have any cooler bikes to look up to, are there at least some cute bike shop boys?

7:55 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I'm serious about the Of Montreal concert.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get my e-mail?

6:21 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

i love mrs. castle so much. she reads your blog now! i never knew she could write. i mean, i don't love her more than you, ellen. but it was nice to see her at daniel's place even after you left.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

to whomever took the picture of mrs. castle in front of the capitol is my hero. i hope some strange looks were given to you.

actually daniel, my real life futboling is decent and way better than my video gaming skills, but thanks for not being surprised.

9:51 AM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

I love Mrs. Castle (you will remember that the Popcan was the get-away vehicle from the Dumpster, and that she got the front seat). This post made my day.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home