Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Suckas

I was going to write about how, on Monday, I went to the beach because it was above 70 degrees in CO/WY/NE.

Visual proof:


But now, I'm sitting in the Denver Airport crossing my fingers my flight isn't really delayed (like the sign boards are saying) because it's been snowing all night. This followed a frigid Monday of visiting Panorama Point, the highest point in Nebraska, climbing some fences, and briefly touring Cheyenne (Okay, so I spent most of my time in Cheyenne at a thrift store, but I got a sweet pair of jeans, a t-shirt with Mr. Rogers on it, some postcards*, and
A Confederacy of Dunces). I ate dinner at an empty Chinese restaurant in downtown Cheyenne and because it had already started to snow I decided to drive on to Denver. Because I'm mostly a cheapskate I decided that I would go directly to the airport and spend the night there. And in doing this I realized how important a decision stopping at the thrift store had been, because A Confederacy of Dunces kept me awake and entertained most of the night.




Being clever by holding an aerial photograph of the site while taking a picture of the physical site:


And then my camera died:




*Not of Cheyenne.

4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

So are you home now? Did you get out of Denver? And was it a problem that your camera died? (It was just the battery, right--?)

9:05 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hi Ellen,

I have really enjoyed the posts about your lonely trip. Those are the kind of trips I enjoy the most, indeed. And this pictures brought me memories of my native land in the high deserts of Chile.

May I ask what is your project thesis about? Sounds interesting.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

What kind of car did you rent, nelle?

7:06 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I think your trip and your pictures are amazing. I like seeing you.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home