Thursday, October 18, 2007

Right.

Money spent on things I do not need:

I just bought another digital camera. My old one works fine, but I bought another one so that I could take it apart and rig it up with a
Mr. Lee Catcam timer chip. The point of this is to say that I spent way too much money on a digital camera that I will take apart immediately after I get my hands on it.

More money spent on things I do not need:

Last week I joined the bike co-op. I'm doing an ethnography of it, but I also needed to get my bike tuned up. Tonight, while doing some research, I cleaned the rust off my chain, lubed it up and adjusted the brakes and now it rides like a whole new bike. I also got not quite a whole new other bike from the co-op. It's white, of course to go with my black bike. It has wheels, but only one tire. It has a rear hub, but no cassette or derailleur. It has a seat and seat post, handle bars, gear shifters, and breaks. The bike guy said it would be a pretty sweet ride if I put some good components on it and never leave it out in the rain and I said we had ourselves a deal.



A trip I don't really want to take:

It looks like I'll be heading to CO/WY/NE for the first part of my thanksgiving break to do the site visit I never got around to during the semester. The most difficult part of planning this trip is making it Chicago, everything else seems easy compared with traffic on the Dan Ryan.

A movie I helped make:

Last week, in my graphic design class we had a guest filmmaker come for a workshop. And in the space of a week I learned video and audio editing in FinalCut Pro. Each student had to make three 30 second clips of a site and then we spliced them altogether into a movie. The hope was to find a narrative in all the clips, which wasn't readily apparent during the screening, but two of my clips were used.


4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

Oooh, I like the video. It's very cinematic, especially the first part.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

The pigeon was great; I hope it wasn't harmed in the making of the film.

6:21 PM  
Blogger David said...

So are you making a catcam, or do have something else in mind?

8:41 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I am making a catcam, but with a larger camera. I was going to say that I'm not going to strap it to a cat, but then thought better of that. I am going to strap it to a cat, but not for my thesis, which is the immediate use.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home