Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Insider's Perspective

Lately during class I've been wanting to punch myself in the head. It's an image that plays out on an indefinite loop. Me punching myself in the temple, swaying to the side, and then popping back up for another round. Studio is the main culprit, but tonight I was imagining it as I watched the chair of the department search for books with the online card catalogue.

Punch, sway, back for another round.

And then, the chair of the department got misty-eyed when he described the beauty of coming across a book in the library stacks, reading the table of contents, and realizing this, yes this, is the book you've been looking for.

3 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

funny...you used my name in your blog. =)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i'm always thinking of you misty. and now i'm misty-eyed.

11:47 AM  
Blogger strovska said...

for some reason that image of you punching yourself in the head came to me as i was in the car waiting for daniel to finish picking out his rental dvds the other night.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home