Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"The Book of Love Is Long and Boring"

Lately, I haven't been able to stand any music other then three or four bands; Calexico (of course), Cat Power, Rocky Votolato, and The Magnetic Fields...especially The Magnetic Fields. I bought Part I of The Magnetic Fields's three part series called "69 Love Songs" for one song that I had heard on the radio. I ended up liking the whole album and have been listening to it over and over while I work. It has soon-to-be classics like, "The Cactus Where Your Heart Should Be," "A Chicken With Its Head Cut Off" and the song I bought the album for "I Think I Need A New Heart." But today I woke up with Ryan Adams and the Cardinal's song "Let It Ride" playing in my head. I'm going to Illinois for the weekend and I think that will be the CD I'll buy to play over and over on the trip, which is very long and very boring.

I need to think of something for my brother-in-law for his birthday. I had a dream I bought him a wooden puzzle at a thrift store, but I'm not sure if he's into puzzles. Maybe he'd like a mix CD of the song I've been obsessively listening to...maybe a CD with the same song for every track?

I think my Lincoln Literacy Council student is breaking up with me; more on that later.

1 Comments:

Blogger bryant said...

We drove through Calexico Saturday night.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home