Thursday, April 20, 2006

Earning Potential

Yesterday evening was windy. So windy that as I was walking to the bike rack I felt like my legs would be swept out from under me and I would cartwheel like a cartoon down the sidewalk. I didn't, I walked to my bike and as I was unlocking it noticed a dollar had gotten caught in the rear derailleur. I was pretty happy about the dollar and I gazed up at the Tier One building and imagined what life would be like if a dollar got stuck in my bike every day. If I was patient I could have a new bike pretty soon, or a bike bell, or, or, or...a cup of coffee everyday.

Yeah, I'm off to the coffee shop now, I've got a dollar burning a hole in my bag.

7 Comments:

Blogger bryant said...

That's half a cup of coffee here. Accept on Tuesdays and Fridays between 6 and 8pm. During those times coffee is a dollar off.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Interesting, even coffee shops have Happy Hour.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

If I had a dollar, I'd hammer in the morning...I'd hammer in the evening...all over this la-and.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

See, I don't understand your inferiority complex regarding your writing. You're very imaginative and have a good sense of the absurdity of life.

Speaking of absurdity, we should go eat on Thursday or Friday.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

oo oo can I come too? I also wanted to see RV w/Robin Williams, it opens Friday. Who's in?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i'm NOT in to see rv with robin williams...my dollar doesn't stretch that far.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Ellen, you're hilarious. :D And good luck in Illinois . . .landscape architecture. Now that's something I could get into. If I weren't moving, I'd do a little of my own in my current ass of a backyard.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home