Saturday, April 01, 2006

I used to like my blog...

...but now I don't. That's why I haven't been writing. Oh, but big things are in the works so get ready for posts and posts of exciting material, in the meantime...

My car died today and Scott and Karen had to push it off a busy street to a parking lot. Scott dressed appropriately for car pushing in sneakers, utility pants, and a sweat shirt. Karen was pretty in a jean jacket, guacho pants, and kitten heels, but she pushed like a trooper and I couldn't help but giggle at what a strange scene it was. Daniel came and let me use his car's battery to jump start mine, but it didn't work. Then he saved the day by driving all of us to Victoria's Secret so Karen could buy a new bra.


I took some pictures this week the day we had the first severe thunderstorm of the season. I got caught in it while riding to the post office to mail my taxes and April's rent.



And going back in time two weeks when Lincoln got a freak snow storm the first day of spring, I took pictures of the snowmen that appeared up the block from me.



Yes, you guessed right. Those are someone's dental molds of their teeth...and I laughed and laughed on that street corner until a creepy man slowly drove by. In the past month I've learned that I live a few blocks from the "red light district" in Lincoln. He must have mistaken me for a prostitute. It's easy to do, I don't blame him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I don't even know if I was pushing. You said Karen pushes like a trooper, and I wonder if you really mean the Isuzu vehicle. She might have 190 horsepower. I wonder if there's a profession that requires you to do manual labor in heels because Karen might want to look into it.

By the way, I'm in pain today, but not really in the expected places.

10:51 AM  
Blogger bryant said...

Thank you for the post.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I think Ellen did mention the profession that requires both manual labor and heels. I like also how the saviour of the day was left completely out of the story. Usual.

2:26 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Those are definitely the creepiest snowmen I have ever seen--and the highlight of my evening.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

The image of you all pushing the Honda was the most entertaining one of the week for me. But then I'm not getting out much lately.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home