Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Lamprey Alarm Clock

This morning I had a dream where my dad had a heart attack and he wouldn't let my sister or me call for help. The dream then turned to some craziness about Santa Claus living in our barn and really being a small child. Then I dreamed I was in bed and had a small lamprey on the floor beside the bed. It looked more like a squid and had sharp hooks all over its tentacles. To keep it on the floor and out of my bed and from attaching itself to me I had tied a piece of string to it, but it kept wildly thrashing and snapping at me. Only after I woke up and realized I had slept through my alarm did I realize the lamprey in my dream was my alarm in real life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

whoa, ellen. that dream is wild. are you stressed out? hmm...or are you worried about growing up? i felt some childhood themes in the dream...interesting.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Scattering said...

Lamprey's are gross. That sounds like a really stressful dream. I hate stressful dreams. As if I'm not stressed enough in real life...

5:31 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Nice. I never remember my dreams...or maybe I just don't dream. Although I recently dreamed that my advisor, Tom, had died of a heart attack in his house. We had a memorial-ish service for him in the music building. Strange.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home