Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Minneapolis, Minnesota

I'm leaving tomorrow for Minneapolis and a weekend that will take me far out of my comfort zone. I'm nervous.

I still don't know what I'll wear to impress the potential future faculty. But it made a good excuse to go shopping. I had a dream where I was meeting the faculty and other students and though I wasn't the best dressed, I wasn't the worst. That place was taken by the girl wearing nothing under her see-thru oxford shirt, a bad choice in a place where it's perpetually winter. At least,all my clothes are opaque.

I haven't heard from my other schools yet, so I guess I'd better get used to winter as well as make a good impression on the faculty.

7 Comments:

Blogger bryant said...

I don't believe that it is perpetually winter in Minnesota.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

It will be once the "white witch" gets there.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

good luck! i like minneapolis. i think it's a cool city. like lincoln, only a little better. friendly, yet modern. cool, yet comfortable. i hope the step out will be a good one.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister lives there and loves it. Really hot in the summer, she says. There's beautiful state parks within an hour's drive, too. I've also heard that it's a clean city—a definite plus. Good luck, I know you'll look good.

9:29 AM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Hot in the summer? What?? You'd think your family was FROM Washington! (Actually... I haven't been there during this alleged "summer." But cityrating.com says averages don't go above 74--at most. The winter (which I have experienced), worries me far more. It may not be perpetual... but it's brutal.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

don't your forget padded bras!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Let us know how it went, Nel.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home