Monday, April 23, 2012

...///...

After ten years I got my blazer tailored so now I can wear it. 


Yep. Ten years. I've been moving a blazer around for ten years without wearing it. Actually I wore it to a party once a long time ago, but that doesn't really count. I had the sides taken in and I still think it's a little wide though the shoulders but the woman doing the tailoring said she couldn't take in the shoulders or take out the shoulder pads so I'm making do. It really dressed up my favorite work sweater (like work outside in the garden sweater) so I looked presentable, if not respectable at work. 


Today I stopped at the mall after work. Even though I work near the mall I hardly ever go there, but since I'm leaving for a conference on Wednesday I thought I'd see if I could find some new jeans. The easy answer is, nope, couldn't find any. I don't know what's happened, but every pair seemed to be grossly misshapen. I'm going to excuse myself from this problem and assume the Gap is just reducing their standards...again(?). So of course I came home and went on a jeans searching bender with the nagging knowledge that whatever I buy online is a total gamble. 


I'm also trying to decide if customizing a pair of converse is really worth it. I'm leaning toward high tops for the first time in 20 years, but I'm not sure I can pull them off.


On all counts, today wasn't my day. 

3 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

"Presentable, if not respectable" is awesome--but no pictures of the blazer?!

Also, I totally feel you on grossly misshapen jeans. It's always kind of disappointing when I'm by myself and can't tell someone else, "Do you see this? Is it some cruel joke?"

5:59 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

OK, I have decided that here is my jeans problem. I am a product of the 80s and 90s, so perhaps I should seek out 90s jeans. Slightly higher waisted, less spandex woven in.

I am now on a quest for 90s jeans.

I renounce jeans made in the 2000s.

Thoughts?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Well, high waisted jeans are making a comeback...

I actually just bought some Abercrombie jeans (I know, I know) and really like them. They come in a 33 length which might be long enough for you, Leah.

Ceri. No pictures of the blazer, I'm still not sold on it.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home