Sunday, December 04, 2011

Initiative for the Initiative-less

After online christmas shopping turned into a glut of personal clothes shopping, I'm using a rainy day to clean out my closet. Generally, I wear the same rotation of clothes each week; a couple of button ups, some knit-wear, and jeans with an occasional pair of fancy pants (ha!). The problem is that I have loads of clothes I never wear, but keep around because I like the material or color or it's a piece that fits into the life I wish I had--the one where I go to nice places wearing red lipstick, smoking cigarettes on long holders (obviously, this life also involves time travel). So my new initiative is to try to wear my entire wardrobe at least through several laundry rotations. I will wear everything and if I don't like it everything marginal is going to the Goodwill, then I'm going to establish my uniform and be done with idle clothes shopping.*


So that's that.




*Unfortunately, I found a really great pair of jeans and, of course, they're not sold anymore. 

3 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

I'm pretty sure you should document this whole project on the blog.

typhalso

12:18 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Today I'm wearing green pants, a red belt, and a blue shirt.

I like it.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I hope you're saving the castoffs for me!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home