Friday, February 05, 2010

Snow Day!

Apropos of nothing my boss came by my desk and said I should go home and "read or something." I was sitting with a design guidelines document in my la,p thumbing through it looking at the pictures, and thought he was commenting on current activity. I hummed and hawed not knowing exactly if this was going to turn out good or bad, so he said, "No, really, it's getting bad out there you should work at home this afternoon." And then, in my classic awkwardness I said, "Are you kidding me?" I'm having to fight my inner third grader and remember that I'm still at work, but now because the roads are slick* and it's supposed to snow all day, I'm at home.


*Actually, the radio reported that a high schooler died this morning because of the slick roads.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Ha! You questioned the directive to "go home and read or something"???? Are you crazy? I'd have been out the door before the "or something" part had crossed his lips.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home