Friday, January 25, 2008

At the Coffee Shop

Andrew, Lucy, and I sit in a busy Paradiso when the music is turned down and a barista asks if Lucinda Cross is still there. It takes me a fraction of a second to misinterpret the question to mean that the barista is telling the customers that Lucinda Williams is there. I scan the tables to see if she really is. Andrew, on the other hand, is not at all confused by this and immediately points at Lucy and yells, "It's her! There she is!" The coffee shop is completely quiet as Lucy stands up and walks to the counter as I dissolve into laughter.

4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

I am at the coffee shop.

2:08 PM  
Blogger bryant said...

I'm in a coffee shop too. And feeling oppressed by an old man with an opinion on the democratic candidates and a position on health care.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Yell something.

10:55 AM  
Blogger blanche rockabilly said...

that's really funny. What would you do if you did see Lucinda Williams at a coffee shop?

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home