Saturday, December 29, 2007

The issues I've been grappling with over winter break

1. What kind of brakes do I want to put on the Mercier? And then, what kind of handle bars?

2. Should I choose between economy or style (initially this question was for the brakes, but really, it applies to most of my decision making processes)?

3. Is Dwight Yoakam great, or the greatest?

4. Harry Potter. Harry Potter. Harry Potter (Leah let me borrow the seventh book and I could only read it one and a half times before she took it back to Branson).

5. Is it okay to have black bar tape when you have a brown leather saddle? Answer: no, but unfortunately your father has already bought you the black bar tape upon your specific request.

6. Is it really worth driving nine hours to Tulsa for the thrift store that usually has cool clothes in your size? (They didn't this time. Boo.)

7. Seriously, how can LAH live in Branson? (When I visited Branson I was told to stop asking that question every five minutes. Other comments that fell under this command were "This place is awful. I would have left by now. I could never live here. Comparatively, Champaign is paradise. The rest of the year is really going to suck."

8. The fickle, yet reliable nature of the '91 Honda Accord.

9. Woody Guthrie. Great, or the greatest?

10. The difficulty of having a caffeine headache with no caffeine or aspirin in the house.

4 Comments:

Blogger CëRïSë said...

Oh, Ellen, this is why I love you.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Thanks for reproducing those formerly-banned comments once again on your blog. It was nice to read them once again. Just reminds me why I'm getting out of here for a few weeks.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Oh, and happy new year, nelle.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Aw shucks Ceri, you're making me blush. And no problem curly sue, happy new year. Can't wait to see you.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home