Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Heart Palpitations

It may come as some surprise, what with all the World Cup soccer I've been playing, but Leah and I are going to start jumping rope for exercise. You would think soccer would keep me in shape, especially with blow out games we've been playing this winter. The Republic of Ireland was the finalist we had to play for the championship and we beat them 14-0. Soccer does have a lot of running, but Leah and I were looking for a more robust workout and jumping rope is it.

Readings for this week include:


All I can find on flameless candles,

Several theories about dancing,

Everything about Darfur.


This semester is already starting off better then the last one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

You must forgive me, but I had an image of you and Leah each holding one end of the rope and spinning it while pining for a third person to do the actual jumping. Sorry.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of like the separation and renewal that living by semesters offers. It's like having all sorts of new chances to get things right and do better than ever before! Best of luck on a good semester.

I taped you and Leah last time you were jumping rope...I put it on youtube for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwEYZGrnviM

12:40 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Nice to see you let a black man jump rope with you during the same week of MLKJr and Cassius Clay's birthday.

8:30 PM  
Blogger strovska said...

yes, very impressive double-dutching, "ellen and leah"....

8:37 AM  
Blogger blanche rockabilly said...

jumping rope is excellent exercise. i used to do it to get faster at tennis. i tried to get to where i could do 500 jumps in a row. it sucks but will get you in shape faster than anything. yay for a new semester btw!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home