Saturday, December 09, 2006

Woodies

It was the two hours in the 12 degree weather that made up my mind. I had been waffling back and forth over whether or not to take the second semester of "Ornamental Woodies" and the thought of taking walks at 8:00 a.m. in January and February weather made the repercussions of my ultimate decision seem minor. No one has ever successfully petitioned for an independent study for this class and it seems foolish to think that I might be the first person to do so, but I CAN NOT take the second semester...Plus I might be close to failing the first semester, which does not build my case, but since the class is cumulative for the year it might be best if I get out while I can.

Plus there's two seminars I want to take and they seem more important to my academic goals. Yeah, that's going to be part of my petition.

That's it because it is 4:05 in the morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger strovska said...

i'm all for getting out while one can. getting out while i could was a big component of my academic career.

8:42 AM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

So are both semesters required, then? I guess I thought it was just the first.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

both are required, the second semester is cumulative from the first so i can never forget the liquidambar sytrociflua.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

What can you tell me about Richard Sutton from UNL? He apparently is a landscape architect.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

how do you know richard sutton?

all i know is that he's a landscape architect for the university.

and why are you asking me about him? should i know all landscape architects?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I have my ways. I thought there was a chance you had contact with him when attending UNL and wanted to know more about him. And yes you should know all landscape architects. Maybe after your woodie class, you can take a class where you practice identifying landscape architects.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home