Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Translations

I've been getting e mails for another Ellen for the past couple of years from a rowing club in the Netherlands. Usually they're mass e mails, but this one was specific and so I translated it before writing back to say the wrong Ellen is getting the messages.

I'm assuming this is a loose translation (but I especially like the "with decisive regards"):

Hey Ellen,

I hear network of Arjan you wanted to know where you stand. You are not yet classified, but that of course we still do! We had agreed last week that you would availability by mail to pr @ pelargos, but I have still received nothing. Can you imagine availability doormailen again? Then we can organize. Furthermore you are always welcome to make nice to come;)


With decisive regards,

2 Comments:

Blogger strovska said...

!
you are always welcome to make nice to come!

i saw a city-regulations pamphlet in mexico (translated for the tourists) that referred to "managing a motorbike".

8:16 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I like "with decisive regards." I may start using that in my more formal emails.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home